Thursday, January 31, 2013

NO NEW CLOTHES in 2013! One year of only sporting thrift store finds and clothes already in my closet!

One month down, eleven more to go!

This year, my personal fashion challenge is to go the entire year without buying any new clothes. This is not an effort to ward off some out of control, money-grubbing shopping addiction, but instead to prove to the world that you don't ever have to buy anything 'new' or expensive to look good or to stay on trend with the latest fashions--my mantra in ways.

So far, so good. Thirty-one days in and I haven't even broken a sweat. I'm actually still astounded by all of the creative ways my mind comes up with fresh takes on vintage looks and by all of the great items I continue to find at thrift stores. I'm floored every time I see celebrity and runway resembling garments adorning the sometimes shabby racks of my favorite local thrift shops.

Safe to say, after years of second-hand shopping, I'm still enthusiastic and in love with the thrill of the hunt--and even more infatuated with the high I get from finding a complete outfit for a few measly dollars.

Keep checking in as I post looks displaying fashion possibilities on a dime.

xoxo
t.savage

No comments:

Post a Comment